From: Bob Rickard <r.rickard@rcginc-us.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Fin
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:49:43 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Giff -

If you want the complete story on the accidents and the "why" for each, contact Jeff Edwards.  He has a complete database ( as part of his profession ) of the accidents.  I have had recur training with him and the complete story leads to an understanding of the numbers and what we can do about it.  In those discussions, the need to look at the training and procedures ( not the airframe) is very evident.  If you stall your IV-P in the pattern, your gonna hit the ground no matter how big the rudder is....  Having said that, the changes you made for CG seem to be a good idea, a lot of people have done everything they can to move the CG forward.

The fact that we have organizations like LOBO and HPAT, and that we are talking about these issues in forums like LML is a great thing, and makes us all safer.  A lot of those early accidents didn't have the advantage that we do now...

Good luck!

Bob R