From: Ron Galbraith <cfi@instructor.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Airplane needs to be "fixed," Stall Speeds, Wing Cuffs, Vortex Generators for L...
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:13:17 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
No, you can have stall strips and a heated leading edge.  All the Columbia/Corvalis aircraft with heated leading edge and TKS de-ice have stall strips.

RonG

One has to choose between stall strips and a heated leading edge.

For me personally, stall strips would be more applicable for my Cub, which doesn't need them at all.  And I have been in inadvertent icing conditions in the IVP and watched the ice curl up like potato chips and blow away.  I'll keep the heated leading edge, thank you, rather than a stall strip that I would never use.