From: Ron Galbraith <cfi@instructor.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Columbia 400
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 06:05:59 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

The Lancair IV glide ratio is much lower than the Columbia with flat pitch prop and the IV edges out the Columbia by quite a lot if you have a counter weighted or feathering prop, and just slightly with props in course position. (with IV being in clean configuration)  The Columbia and ES are very close to the same in all configurations.   I've been flying Lancairs for 12 years and currently own a Columbia400.   These are just my observations.

RonG