From: F. Barry Knotts <bknotts@buckeye-express.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Pictures of Rosen's on a IVP
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 18:56:20 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
John,
Are your Rosen's the model that Rosen identifies for the Lancair IVP?  Do you have a model number?  (I like the grab handle, too!)

Barry Knotts
Lancair IVP

On 6/22/2011 2:12 PM, John Hafen wrote:

I think the trick is to plan to stow them in the forward position.  It doesn't limit visibility or cramp your head room.

The grab handle below the visor is much appreciated by passengers.  It's from a BMW 540i.  I put one on both sides so I can hang on when the passenger is flying.

This is a bad photo because of the reflection, but it shows the pilot side visor while I'm standing on the left wing looking down into the cockpit.  Stowing the visors forward gently extends the roof line of the top of the cockpit.  It doesn't limit visibility but takes the edge off on a sunny day.  Which happens about twice a year here in Seattle.  I installed the Rosens for traveling outside the state.  Wouldn't need them otherwise, but would go sun blind without them once I get out of Seattle.

They can flop to the side to keep the sun out, and actually extend more rearward if you loosen the little red knob.

Lowered for flying directly into the sun in some other state than Washington.

I installed the left visor on the right and the right on the left such that I could have the little hair snagging, scalp gouging, red knobs ABOVE the visor where they can't disfigure you and make your wife scream at you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

John Hafen
N413AJ 300+