From: Steve Colwell <mcmess1919@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: On board weather
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:35:32 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I have heard favorable reports on WSI but when I checked with them at Airventure they wanted several thousand $$ for the receiver.  We have XM Weather on the Garmin 496, nice product but the display is well, small.

The XM people said Chelton had never inquired about their system.  Chelton indicated they are satisfied with WSI and were not interested in offering XM.  Chelton must have a reason for not offering XM.  I just could not determine it.

Steve Colwell  Legacy

Same on my plane: 3 Chelton and WSI.  Seems to work fine, but I will go the ADS-B route when full weather is available for the Cheltons. NavXorx displays only limited info at present.

Robert M. Simon

ES-P N301ES

I use WSI weather (on a Chelton).  It costs $359 a year.  I have been satisfied with it.

D. Brunner