From: Frederick Moreno <frederickmoreno@bigpond.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Stall Speeds, Wing Cuffs, Vortex Generators for Lancair 4p
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:30:41 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Is it just me or does anyone else find it just a bit disturbing that the Lancairs have such "fearsome" stall characteristics ?

Wolfgang

Many  swept wing aircraft and early high performance aircraft with high wing loadings were flown with the admonition "Never stall this airplane."  It is not something new.

My instructor who was a national aerobatic champion, flew a Lancair IV around the world and drives Airbus products said words to the effect "One should never be surprised when an aircraft stalls, benign behavior or otherwise. It means you have not been paying attention.  With this aircraft and many others, particularly jet aircraft, you need to always pay attention to airspeed."

Pay attention to airspeed and stalls are not an issue.

Fred Moreno