From: <liegner@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: And how about a full feathering prop?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:30:41 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I have practiced engine out glide with my full feather three blade
Hartzell prop (Model number HC-H3YF-2UF) in the full feather position
and fully stopped.  My Lancair glides at 120 KIAS with 550 fpm
descent at moderately loaded weight.  This translates to 21.8 to 1
glide ratio.  It glides unbelieveably well, with plenty of time to
calm oneself as you prepare for an engine out approach, programmed
into the Chelton as mentioned previously.

I can now simulate this engine out glide with a flat pitch 2500RPM
prop setting and 10.5" MAP, which is just a wee bit less than the
power setting on a normal final approach.

Jeff L
LIVP