From: Colyn Case <colyncase@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] And how about a full feathering prop?
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 20:32:00 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Ronald, that is a big debate.
Full feathering does get you somewhat more glide (if you dig in the archives you'll find some numbers) but it also goes to full feather in any oil pressure loss situation.
One of our members had a situation where he had power but low oil pressure due to a leak in the crankshaft.  He was able to land it because he did NOT have a
full feathering prop and his prop went to fine pitch instead.   It's an interesting point but I consider the conditions where it's relevant extremely unlikely.

As far as I can tell (no didn't do it yet) with the prop feathered and the airframe clean you'll get about 600 fpm down at 120 knots.
Over the rockies at cruise that could be useful.