From: <liegner@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Stall Speeds, Wing Cuffs, Vortex Generators for Lancair 4p
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 20:32:00 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
My Lancair IVP begins to buffet at 79 KIAS clean, 69 KIAS full flaps and gear, full fuel tanks, pilot and gear only.  These are my settings in Chelton.

Jeff L
LIVP in New Jersey

From John:

My IVP stalls clean at 76 kts clean, and 65 kts in landing configuration. But I never get that slow. Or even close. I fly downwind at 130, a very rounded base / transition to final at 120, and approach at 110 on final, slowing down to 100 over the fence.
A 4P is not your father's Olsmobile, or a Cessna. I's not a good plane to go slow and low for sight seeing. And 4P's are all different. Not all of them are square. You're smart to test it out before you buy to find a good one.

John Hafen