From: Robert R Pastusek <rpastusek@htii.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Door Seal on the IV-P
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 09:15:13 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Gentlemen,

I just completed the third condition inspection on N437RP at 680 hours TT. The airplane is in excellent condition; I found no cracks or structural problems at all, but could use some help with two issues.

If anyone has a breakdown drawing of the main gear actuator for the IV/IV-P, I’d really like to have a copy. My right main gear actuator has developed a small hydraulic leak around the downlock pin that sticks out of the top of the actuator base. I constructed the airplane with a removable top to the wheelwell, so I can stand up in the wheelwell and access the rear of this actuator, but the space is tight. I suspect the downlock pin is held down by a rather strong spring, so removing the circlip that retains the assembly without a clamp or tool would probably result in not being able to reinstall it. If you have any experience with servicing this seal, or removing the whole actuator, I’d appreciate any advice.

Second problem: I have a small pin hole in  the “sidewall” of my door pressure seal. It’s so small that the seal will retain pressure for a short period, causing the pressurization pump to cycle on every few seconds. I would like to hear from anyone that’s  tried to patch such a hole.

Many thanks in advance,

Bob Pastusek

757-286-4802 cell