From: Rob Murawski <rob@robmurawski.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: N numbers
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:56:49 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

When the DC area was an ADIZ, I believe you needed 12 inch numbers to fly within the ADIZ area.  I thought I heard somewhere you still need 12 inch numbers in the SFRA, but I can’t find a reliable reference.  It would seem to me that this would be one of the bigger changes by designating it as an SFRA vs. an ADIZ, since I can’t find anything procedure-wise that substantially changed with this name change.

Since I plan to be popping into the SFRA frequently (and potentially going for FRZ access after my LNC2 is flying if I ever think I could land at KCGS) I’m going to do the 12-inch numbers to be safe.  Which means I need to find an N-number that is short enough that it fits on my plane!  (I’m envious of N91CZ!)

Any list members based within the SFRA know anything different?

-Rob