From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: L-IV Choice of Engine
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:50:04 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Gary,

Good analysis of the benefits of piston vs. rotary.  The only thing I really disagree on is the compression ratio being limited to 8.5 to 1.  The RX-8 is 10.0 to 1.  So I would say that point is a draw.

2011 RX-8 Sport Grand Touring R3
Engine
Engine type 1.3-liter 2-rotor rotary
Engine code RENESIS
Horsepower
- Manual transmission 232 hp @ 8500 rpm
- Automatic transmission 212 hp @ 7500 rpm
Torque 159 lb-ft @ 5500 rpm
Redline
- Manual transmission 9000 rpm
- Automatic transmission 7500 rpm
Displacement (cc) 1308
Compression ratio 10:1
Fuel system Multi-port electronic fuel injection
Required fuel Premium unleaded (91 octane)

Mark S.