From: Planemakers, Inc. <planemakers@planemakers.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: N Numbers
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:52:22 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Hi Angier,

The FAA only says "contrast in color with the background" but doesn't give any particulars.  I think it is up to the DAR or FAA inspector to make that call.  We haven't had any problems here putting gray letter on a blue background and vise versa.

Cream on a white background probably wouldn't cut it.

If it looks/feels questionable to you then it might be questionable to the inspector as well.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day,

John J Januszewski
www.planemakers.com