From: Peter Field <anpfield@sbcglobal.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: N Numbers
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 12:52:22 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Angier:

     At my FAA inspection I had 3" black numbers which the inspector showed me were inappropriate for a 180 kt cruising airplane. I knew this but did not want to put 12” numbers on the narrow waisted LNC2.  So I proposed 4” letters which fit my stripe.  The inspector said write me a request for exception and I’ll see if I can get it approved.  I did, the request was approved, and I have an FAA letter to prove it.  Size is the only requirement they are concerned about. Unless, you are obviously trying to hide your numbers with something like a very light gray on a white fuselage I don’t believe anyone will say anything.

Pete Field

LNC2

St. Louis