From: Bill Harrelson <n5zq@verizon.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: N Numbers
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:01:32 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Angier,

This is what they would site if they think that your "color contrast" is inappropriate.

45.21 (c)
(4) Be legible

Bill Harrelson
N5ZQ 320 1,950 hrs
N6ZQ  IV under construction

-----Original Message----- From: Greenbacks, UnLtd.
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:13 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Re: N Numbers

FAR 45.23, 25, 27 & 29 seem to cover all aspects of size and location of marks, etc.

But I can't find any reference requiring a particular color contrast between the airframe color and the mark color. Do the N Numbers need to be visible/distinguishable from a certain minimum distance? Black marks on a white airframe might be most visible from a distance compared to light cream colored marks on a white airframe.

I plan to have pretty basic contrasting N Numbers on 4ZQ for the inspection but what about down the road when I get a bit more creative? I wonder if any color combinations have actually been rejected by FAA.

Angier Ames
N4ZQ
--
For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html