From: Douglas W Johnson <LANCAIR1@prodigy.net>
Subject: Header Wrap
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:41:05 -0500
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have not used header wrap tape over the exhaust system to keep the heat
"in", but I have found another use for it on my IVP.  There were a lot of
initial concerns about the high cockpit temps in the first flying
pressurized birds--even precipitated the change to a third intercooler.
Even after that mod, cabin temps were borderline high.  After looking at the
plumbing between the intercoolers, it occured to me that there was a long
run of Skeet duct alongside those hot jugs--I used Header wrap tape from the
local racing shop to wrap all the skeet between the intercoolers and back to
the firewall, in an attempt tho keep the heat "out".  Have not measured
before and after temps, but cabin seems noticably cooler, and I am probably
one of the few people flying around Florida who has actually used the "Heat"
knob to warm up on a summer day at altitude!  Doug Johnson N654DM