From: by way of Marvin Kaye <marvkaye@olsusa.com> <DWSIIS@aol.com>
Subject: MicroSytems VM1000
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:07:46 -0500
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<< Long and the short
 of it is this.It was not the transducer this time.It is a failure in the
 DPU itself.I am so f&@#%$%$ off at this VM(very mysterious)1000 peice of
 junk.I get tired of everytime I have a problem and call the company I
 get this same story<wow we never have that happen, BULL.I have had
 everything that could fail FAIL on this system and have spent a small
 fortune replacing transducers and sending parts off to the factory for
 trouble shooting.Has anyone out there had anything remotley close to my
 story?
 Orrr..... is it really possible I just have the misfortune of owning the
 only piece of junk micro systems ever made? It  is a darn good thing
 this thing is such an altogether joy to fly And honestly I have had very
 little trouble with the airframe itself.Great airplane.Well enough
 whining

 Tom  Giddings360TM >>

I made exactly the same observations on Compuserve and got personnally
HAMMERED for it.Vision Microsystems is the holy of holies to homebuilders and
they will not hear anything but positive comments about the product.
So,before
you get hammered also I'll say I had the same problems,my hangermate had the
same problems,two close friends had the same problems.  The common thread that
we all have is that the factory ALWAYS says that NOBODY else has ever had a
problem and clearly it is an installation problem.
To those that haven't installed their DPU yet,I found the best place to mount
it is on standoffs behind the monitor so it is VERY easy to access as you will
need to get at it often.
I've always felt that no matter what the product eventually there will be
problems.The charactor of the company (the owner) is how they repond to those
problems.

Doug Walberg