From: Tom Giddings <v35b@akos.net>
Subject: MicroSytems VM1000
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:48:22 -0500
To: Lancair Mail List <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yesterday I was flying along,fat ,dumb,and happy in my mighty 360.I was
musing about what a joy this machine was to fly.I checked my GPS and it
said 220 kts ground speed(was getting a little help from the wind
gods)Another glance around at the health of the rest of the craft when
YIKES>holy#@!@#@#@###.Whats up with this fuel pressure gauge.(Again).It
was telling me I had 48 psi of fuel pressure and rising.I had a similar
problem just a few weeks ago and had determined,with the help of Dave at
Micro Systems,that it was a failed fuel pressure transducer.Simple to
replace and all went back to normal.Until yesterday.Long and the short
of it is this.It was not the transducer this time.It is a failure in the
DPU itself.I am so f&@#%$%$ off at this VM(very mysterious)1000 peice of
junk.I get tired of everytime I have a problem and call the company I
get this same story<wow we never have that happen, BULL.I have had
everything that could fail FAIL on this system and have spent a small
fortune replacing transducers and sending parts off to the factory for
trouble shooting.Has anyone out there had anything remotley close to my
story?
Orrr..... is it really possible I just have the misfortune of owning the
only piece of junk micro systems ever made? It  is a darn good thing
this thing is such an altogether joy to fly And honestly I have had very
little trouble with the airframe itself.Great airplane.Well enough
whining

Tom  Giddings360TM