From: Jim & Sharon Cameron <toucan@The-I.net>
Subject: How to lose customers in a hurry
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 19:43:25 -0600
To: Lancair Mail List <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    For those who have not yet had the pleasure, I'll share one of the
delights of my day.  Along with my statement from Kit Components, Inc.,
which arrived in today's mail, I found a nicely personalized note (half a
sheet of paper, xeroxed, raggedly cut) telling me that because they've got a
few too many unpaid and past due invoices, my credit line, along with
everyone else's, has now been chopped to $500.  Anything over that must now
be prepaid, C.O.D., or charged to a credit card!  Somebody's name was at the
bottom, identified as the "manager" of Kit Components.

    If you gave me an hour to sit down and think about how to p__ o__ all my
customers at once for no good reason, I'd be hard pressed to come up with a
better idea than that.  If anyone working for my business sent something
like that to my customers, he'd be on the street within the hour.  Every
business has a problem with slow- and no-pays once in a while, but you don't
chase off all your customers to get rid of a few problem ones.

    In the past, I've bought lots of stuff from Lancair that I could have
gotten from ACS or other places (where I have open credit lines), at
probably the same or better prices.  Who do you think I'll pick now?  As
hard as it is in this world for a business to win and hold onto good, loyal
customers . . . . ??  Where did they get this guy?

Jim Cameron

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to marvkaye@olsusa.com.