From: <RWolf99@aol.com>
Subject: LNC2 Wheel Wells
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:42:42 EST
To: <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My plan was to use Jeffco fuel tank sealer on the bottom of this area as it
should be highly resistant to hydraulic fluid, you can't see the ugly gray on
the inside of the bottom skins, and that's where the fluid would puddle.  On
the inside of the top skins (which only fellow Lancair builders see) and the
cockpit closeout rib (which is visible to more people) I was going to use
Zolatone.  I'm expecting Zolatone is sturdy enough to protect against
splashes of (not puddled) hydraulic fluid, water and mud.  I'll paint the
inside bottom before gluing on the stub wing skin.

FWIW, I'm painting Jeffco fuel tank sealer on the inside floor of the plane
from the firewall to the seat back, but only in areas where there aren't
already 2BID applied (i.e. I won't do it between the consoles).  I had the
opportunity to see the results of a hydraulic pump leak and there was fluid
all over the place.  It would be good to keep this stuff from soaking into
the core.  If you have brakes, you'll spill brake fluid, if you have hy
draulic lines, you'll spill hydraulic fluid, etc., at some time or another.

- Rob Wolf

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to marvkaye@olsusa.com.