From: William A. Hogarty <billhogarty@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Flaps
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 09:12:28 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Jeff:

Just noticed your post on flap problem.

First question, does raising the gear seem normal?  I have some spare screens (somewhere) for the hydraulic
tank, but I have never heard of anyone having a clogged tank before.

To isolate problem, disconnect the hydraulic cylinder that actuates flaps  (under back seat.)  If the flaps move freely. the problem is not with the linkage binding. Then check that the hose to the hydraulic cylinder is not crimped or leaking.

 If O.K. this far, I would check the tubing running from the front of the gear housing to the control valve under the inst panel.  Make sure the lines are not kinked.  Blow them out with compressed air.

If O.K, the only culprit left must be the control valve.  Do you have a hydraulic pressure valve showing system pressure?.  This could be a help.  Since the hydraulic pump has to cycle several time to get your flaps down, the pressure must be going somewhere,

If I remember correctly, starting at 1000+psi, I can lower the flaps without my pump cycling.  Since my memory is not what it was, I will check this out and get back to you.

Good Luck   Bill H.