From: Thorn, Valin B. (JSC-VA411) <valin.b.thorn@nasa.gov>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: UV & IR Filtering Film on Acrylic Windows
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:47:29 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Hello,

We’re looking at applying ultraviolet and infrared filtering films on our Legacy’s canopy.  Not looking to darken it since the canopy has some tinting in it already -- though, looking to filter as much UV and IR as possible.  There are several products from 3M, Llumar, and others with these properties used on cars and glass windows every day.

Has anyone one applied any window tinting or other films to their acrylic windows?  How did it work out or not?

Kim at Lancair is checking with their acrylic window vendor to see what UV and IR filtering properties their acrylic windows already have.

Thanks,

Valin Thorn

Legacy Project

Colorado

BTW, Paul and Marv, this is an example of a question that applies to all Lancair aircraft types.  We could use a category on Lancairtalk.net for these kinds of general topics, questions.