From: Denis Conkey <dconkey@conksite.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Outflow Valve
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:14:45 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

It appears that our outflow valve has stopped working and we’ve tried most of the trouble shooting that has been recommended via information from folks on the list and others.  We had been thinking outflow all along as we thought that our cabin was good to go.  In the past week we performed some more ground pressurization tests and found it was not tight, but yesterday we were able to go to 5.0+ differential with no problem and I was hoping problem solved.  I’ve took all the interlocks out of the system that would cause it not to work (dump switch, air speed switch, gear position) and went flying, again, no pressurization was the result.  ZERO.

I’m looking to see if someone on the list might have a functioning outflow valve you are not presently using that we could borrow for a short period (30-45 days) while we get ours repaired.  As many of you might know, dealing with Dukes is not a quick or cheap process.  I’ve got a trip planned and the thought of being limited to 12.5K in a turbine is not what I envisioned but planning to make it to Redmond either way.

Certainly willing to pay a rental fee as appropriate.

Let me know, cell phone listed below.

Thanks much!

Denis Conkey

N750PJ, IVPT, 82 hours