From: Charles Brown <browncc1@verizon.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: L360 static ports
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 13:20:54 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
On my Legacy I floxed in the same part that Bill did.  It's very low profile, and the Legacy has a recessed channel along the left and right sides of the baggage bay for cables and static lines.  In my case, I made the port perfectly flush with the external fuselage skin.  I haven't rigorously tested the IAS or TAS.  In spite of the hump in the tube, it still gets water occasionally.
My cabin interior has removable upholstery sections that cover the wire tunnels.  They pretty much make everything disappear.

Posted for "Bill Bradburry" <bbradburry@verizon.net>:

Rob,

Two of these static ports came with my Legacy kit.
They require a quarter inch hole in the fuselage and they are just proud of flush with the exterior and maybe a half inch into the interior of the baggage area.  I floxed them in.  I thought that I might have to do something to the exterior to affect the accuracy, but a four direction speed test shows that my airspeed is within one knot of the gps.
Bill

Image
Screen shot 2014-08-16 at 6.23.30 AM.png
Image
PastedGraphic-1.png