From: F. Barry Knotts <bknotts884@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Heat Shield for Continental TSIO-550 Engine
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:25:27 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
What you are looking for is the fuel pump "shroud."  It actually is two essential parts.  The shroud (gold colored aluminum) and an extended single stud for mounting it.  (See the attached photos.)  The shroud and stud are Continental parts.  I searched them out (somehow) in the past and purchased them directly from Continental.  I've looked back into the web-based parts manual for the TSIO-550B and E models and I don't see it depicted.  A phone call to Continental might get you what you want.  Note that I have been advised to remove the shroud from my fuel pump and I no longer have it installed.  I don't think that it was either a help nor a hindrance.  But it's gone now.  I might have the shroud kicking around the hangar somewhere and you are welcome to it...if I can find it (shroud AND stud.) I'll take a look this weekend.

Barry Knotts

On 7/18/2014 8:29 PM, Robert R Pastusek wrote:
Barry,
I am looking for folded aluminum cover for the engine-driven fuel pump. Most Continental-equipped IV/IV-Ps have this, with a SCAT tube attached directing cool air from the top of the engine.
Thanks,
Bob