From: Robert R Pastusek <rpastusek@htii.com>
Subject: 2nd Pilot During Phase I Testing-FAA Initiative
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:51:31 +0000

As most of you know, the Lancair Owners and Builders Organization (LOBO) has been working with the FAA for more than three years to obtain “official sanction” for using a second pilot during Phase I testing of Experimental-Amateur Built (E-AB) aircraft, and specifically Lancairs. We are getting closer…

The FAA has officially released a draft Advisory Circular (A/C) for public comment on this at  http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/draft_docs/afs_ac/. You’ll need to scroll down the page to “ACC 90-APP” to open/see the Advisory Circular. I encourage each of you to review and comment on this A/C via the MS Word Comments form also posted with the A/C, and send your comments to Mark Giron at the FAA. If you comment, please also send me an info copy; I’ll also follow up with Mark and the other FAA folks to be sure all comments are reviewed/incorporated as appropriate.

I’ve downloaded and attached these documents to this email for your convenience in review/responding.

Mark will host a discussion on this at AirVenture Oshkosh at 1145 on Monday in Forum Pavilion 10. I’ll be there, and encourage you all to participate as well! We also hope to have Mark as a guest at our Lancair Dinner on Thursday evening if you want another opportunity to “beat him up” about this…but the real message to Mark is “THANKS FOR HELPING US GET A GOOD IDEA THROUGH THE BUREACRACY!”  J

Thanks,

Bob