From: Jim Scales <joscales98@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [LML] Need to move front seats aft on a IV-P
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:27:56 -0500
To: Lancair List <lml@lancaironline.net>
Here is what I did to move seats to the rear.  Moved about 3".  Still adequate space for rear passenger legs.  I fly with my seat all the way forward.  I am 5' 10".

Used 1/4" x 2" aluminum strip to make top upper brackets and form the under support brackets.  I made the spacers out of other thickness bar stock aluminum.   Units are light weight and very strong.

Jim Scales
Angels Playmate
Super ES

To: lml@lancaironline.net
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:54:09 -0400
From: skinner3410@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [LML] Need to move front seats aft on a IV-P

Has anyone with a IV-P found a good way to move the front seats aft about 3-4 inches?  I don't need the rear seat leg room, but I could use more in the front.  Moving the rails rearward would cantilever them quite a ways behind the spar box.  I haven't figured out how I would support the rear ends of the rails.

Dave Skinner
845CM