From: Valin & Allyson Thorn <thorn@starflight.aero>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Legacy Canopy Safety Issue Paper for Review
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:30:24 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

LML Gang,

With one and possible two recent fatal crashes of Lancair Legacy airplanes in Australia as a result of taking off for flight with the canopy unlatched/open, I’ve taken it upon myself to write a paper on the issue to organize the known information, inform the broader Legacy community, and help insure no one else loses their life, is injured, or has their airplane destroyed as a result of this catastrophic hazard.

Attached is a draft of the write up in pdf format.  Since many on the LML have been contributing to the discussion on this issue, whether they’re Legacy drivers or not, I’m providing it to the entire LML community for review and comment.

Please send any comments directly to me at thorn@starflight.aero .

Thanks,

Valin Thorn

Legacy Project