From: John Cooper <snopercod@comporium.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: WX-500
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:19:46 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I solved a noise problem with my late friend Clarence Grubbs' 69CG Stormscope once which may be of help here. Whenever he would change the pitch on his MT prop, a N-S line of "hits" would appear on his Stormscope. To determine whether the noise was radiated or was coming through the 12V bus, I used an external 12V battery to power the MT prop. In that mode, the spurious "hits" disappeared, demonstrating that the noise was indeed coming through the 12V power. To solve the problem, I put a large choke and capacitor in the power lead to the MT prop. Problem solved.

Good luck--

  --John

On 2/22/2014 6:00 AM, Lancair Mailing List wrote:
Subject:
WX-500
From:
"Greenbacks, UnLtd." <n4zq@verizon.net>
Date:
2/21/2014 8:27 PM
To:

So I got another message yesterday on the MX20, "No test strikes received from the antenna".
Apparently this occurs when the antenna receives too much 'noise' and so I'll have to check the fault log,
looking for error #17 or #18. The WX-500 antenna is approximately 13" away from the S-tec pitch servo and
the servo is most likely the cause of the 'noise'.
Is there anyone here on LML with a successful WX-500 install in a 360?

Angier Ames
N4ZQ