From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: AoA flap position switch
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 19:23:04 -0500 (EST)
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
John,

The microswitch is bolted to a small aluminum angle that is secured to the channel at the top of the picture just like the limit switches are attached.

Scott Krueger AKA Grayhawk

Attached is the best pic I have.

In a message dated 1/9/2014 5:50:31 P.M. Central Standard Time, snopercod@comporium.net writes:

Greyhawk--

I really like your idea of putting the AoA flap switch on the flap actuator itself. I looked at mine yesterday and it seems like that would be a much simpler way to do it and it could be readily adjusted, unlike the way I did it. I would be grateful if you could provide a closeup photo or a description of how you attached the microswitch to the actuator.

Thanks--

  --John
Re: [LML] Re: AoA flap position switch
From:
Sky2high@aol.com
Date:
1/6/2014 11:53 AM
To:
lml@lancaironline.net

Right on Marv.

Here is a way to detect position on an LNC2 using the linear flap positioning motor.  A curved micro switch arm rests in the groove that the stabilization rod runs in.  When the rod moves through the 1/3 flap position, the switch is made and stays made until the flaps are retracted.

Grayhawk

Image
LMLReAoA.jpg
Image