From: <cwfmd@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: 12 ways of how to stay healthy in a Lancair
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:12:39 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
How to stay healthy in a homebuilt Lancair:
   Stay inside the envelope by: Avoiding 1. thunderstorms, 2. Ice, and low 3.IFR. Don't get 4.slow in the pattern behind other distracting traffic, even if it's "his fault". Meticulously 5. avoid engine failure on takeoff and have a 6.plan, where to point the nose and what to do at each runway/airport.
    Somebody said: piston engines will tell you before they are going to fail. 7.Drain the sump every time before takeoff, be 8.relentlessly unforgiving about the most minor hint you feel during preflight and 9.runup. 10. Abort the takeoff immediately, then think about "why" or "if". Allow no possibility of 11.wake turbulence encounters near the runway: wait 2 min, upwind side.
    In military jets(T-38, A-4), if you can't instantly recite the 12. bold face and action in response to a surprise scenario in the brief, you don't fly as pilot in command that day. This level of proficiency is required in the Lancairs too, but the self discipline and cross check is harder, because one guy usually wears all the hats, compared to military or airline ops: pilot, copilot, safety officer, steward, maintenance chief, CFO, dispatch, skeds, ops, doc, (chaplain?).
Happy, Merry, Lancairing

Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:42 AM
Subject: lml Digest #4452

On 2013-12-23, at 10:43 AM, "Adam Molny" <Adam@ValidationPartners.com> wrote:

I still need to regrease the hub and dynamically balance the engine/prop combination. I’m off to Florida tomorrow for vacation so it will have to wait until I return. I’ll keep you posted.

Happy Holidays,
Adam Molny