From: William A. Hogarty <billhogarty@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Yaw
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 19:16:25 -0700
Hello Dico:

As I recall, I ordered the strakes directly from Mike Custard about 10 years ago.  They were the cheapest option I had ever purchased for my plane (less than $ 300) and also the easiest to install.

I had just started the painting process on my plane, when I heard about the strakes, so I stopped painting and waited for the strakes to arrive.  As I recall, it took about 2 days to install, start to paint.

I have some photos of the installation process, if you would like to see them.  I don't have Mikes
address or contact info, but Im sure the folks at lancair might.  As you can tell, I am a real advocate
of his product.

Keep up the photography.

Regards, Bill Hogarty

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Dico Reijers <dico@internetworks.ca> wrote:
Hi Bill,

I went back and watched that first video.  I guess what you're seeing is that the tail is to the left a bit.... such that I would apply left rudder to straighten it out?

I'm sure that the ball is centered which then makes me wonder if there is an issue.  We always run quite a bit slower than what other IVP pilots claim that their planes run, so perhaps this could be a reason.

Do you have a link to these "Strakes"?

-dr

--
Regards,