From: Todd Long <toddlong1@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Removing vacuum pump?
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 18:57:49 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
The valve helps smooth out pressurization changes with power changes. It allows the outflow valves to do their job better.
But yes it would provide a small margin of pressurization after the engine failure. That would change the event from a rapid decompression to leak down. If it was a rapid decompression it will fog or ice up your window at altitude. One more thing to deal with. I was just wondering if anybody knew I wasn't in the system. Because all the engineers of all the certified pressurized aircraft have them.

Typing and grammar errors courtesy of Siri and the iPhone.

On Oct 11, 2013, at 7:47, Colyn Case <colyncase@earthlink.net> wrote:

What would be the advantage?    seconds more pressurized time in case of engine failure?

On Oct 11, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Todd Long wrote:

Does anyone know why there is no check valve on the pressurization? Cessna P210 and Malibu both have them.

Typing and grammar errors courtesy of Siri and the iPhone.

On Oct 10, 2013, at 14:49, "pete@leapfrogventures.com" <pete@leapfrogventures.com> wrote:

The Lancair wiring diagram shows an interconnect switch between the landing gear and the pressurization system.  IMHO, this is a complete waste of complexity.  Because there is no backflow valve on the pressure inlet from the intercoolers, once you pull the power below 20 MAP the cabin will completely depressurize.

Pete