From: Jim Nordin <panelmaker@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Canopy linear actuator
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 18:56:43 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Hey Angier,
Negatives are in deed numerous. Maybe a quick release pin would ensure you
could get out or in - like one that is reachable in the FFW area if you're
in or a pull ring or lever in the foot area if inside - functioning
similarly to the pins that hold on the removable forward deck.

How someone (rescuer) outside would initiate that is another question.
Removing the canopy would be similar to aircraft that have the overcenter
latches that came with the kit. A canopy destroying hatchet or some such
would be the way in - if the emergency rescuer had such a thing. I don't
know all the answers for sure but I'm looking at it.
I have seen a pull ring inside the engine air intake that serves other
purposes.
Other suggestions?
Jim