From: Bill <cwfmd@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: anti-skid (ABS) brakes on the Lancair
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 07:40:25 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
USN T-45 has awesome anti skid
IPs would demo holding brakes on touchdown during "no flare" navy style landing
System was smart enough to allow wheels to spool up to ground speed and then apply max braking. I have heard the system compensates at millisecond response time so it is a far better feedback system than human perception based on yaw and Gx sensing. Human perception loop is at least 300 msec and probably much longer.
I suggest the steering and icing concerns have already been addressed in standard automotive systems. This reasoning also explains why an interface to a fast inertial sensor is required, as in AHRS (40 packet bursts/second on grtAvionics.com)

Sent from my iPad