From: andres katz <yak55m@icloud.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] anti-skid (ABS) brakes on the Lancair
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:10:38 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
cheaper? not the evo tires those low profile are expensive as hell and you need a bead breaker to replace them
a car tire shop job, they wont do them if you tell them they are from airplane.

On Sep 23, 2013, at 09:26 AM, Paul Miller <pjdmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

A requirement would be to measure wheel speed. On the bike, we use hall effect sensor and ridged disk. You would need a system on each main to measure rotation speed. If the Cleveland rotor had bumps on the outside surface that would work and I would just mount the pickup to the brake caliper. That would be the starting point.

directional stability could come from a yaw damper circuit or heading gyro output.

Two spare main tires on the shelf might be cheaper.

Paul

On 2013-09-23, at 6:08, jeffrey liegner <liegner@ptd.net> wrote:

I was at the airport on this beautiful Fall day and another builder (RV6) asked me about installing an ABS braking system on the Lancair to help with stopping (without creating a flat spot). He reports that even BMW motocycles have anti-skid brakes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_braking_system
BMW Motocycle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Absbrakes.jpg
Has anyone given anti-skid (ABS) brakes any consideration in the Lancair? Just curious.
Jeff L
LIVP
--
For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html