From: Greenbacks, UnLtd. <N4ZQ@VERIZON.NET>
Subject: Re: Exhaust leaks
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 18:44:08 -0400
I removed the exhaust system for inspection today and fortunately, there are no cracks and the only leakage is in the area of the two slip joints. I had used anti seize in this area. One suggestion for those who are about to install their exhaust. Completely de-bur and polish the pipe ends at the slip joints in order to minimize scratching as the parts slide over one another during heat expansion and cooling. Perhaps I did not use enough anti seize since I do have some scratching of the pipe surface. Also, I found the female slip joints from cyl 2&4 were touching each other where the pipes from 1&4 enter. Not quite sure what to do about this to prevent further wear. Suggestions?

Angier Ames
N4ZQ
44hrs