From: Tim Olson <Tim@MyRV10.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Chelton and TAWS Failure (with Pinpoint system)
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 12:31:12 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
One possibility I have for you.  I didn't think of this before.
I know that some menus just aren't there on the PFD that are on the MFD,
and some that are on the PFD aren't on the MFD.  It doesn't matter if you
are on the PFD screen on the MFD, it still doesn't show up.

For instance.... if you go into heading mode, the LNAV key will come up
on screen 1 (the screen coded as the PFD).  That key is not there
on the screens 2 and 3 in my plane.....even if I'm on the PFD page.

So, it could be a screen numbering issue.

Mine are numbered 1, 2 ,3

I know some people have done 0,1 or others.

I would say make sure you start at #1.

The menu-faults is on the MFD, so use screen 2 to check that.....it just may not be that screen 1 does it.
(it may, but I just have never tried that so I can't verify...but I know the MFD does it)

Tim

On 8/8/2013 9:10 AM, John Barrett wrote:
Agreed about Robert DuRall.  He is very helpful and knowledgable. However, he did not have the answer to lack of TAWS.  Also he could not give me a clue how to correct the persistent lack of "Faults" submenu that is supposed to be useful in researching fault warnings as they occur.

If anyone has a clue why that submenu would not be accessible, I'd love to hear it.  Basically, that slot on the left side of the screen is simply blank.  It's like the strike finder submenu that just doesn't show up unless you have the Strikefinder installed.

Best,
John Barrett