From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [LML] Certificate Expiration Dates????
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 12:51:27 -0400 (EDT)
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Charley,

The FAA registration database was virtually useless because of the scheme "only respond if something changed" triennial mailouts.  In order to make the database accurately reflect the fleet, they now require a positive response every three years.  If no response, the N-number is eventually available for other registration and the old aircraft is deleted from the database.

Grayhawk

In a message dated 7/20/2013 11:41:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time, browncc1@verizon.net writes:
I just noticed that all the aircraft registrations in the FAA database have certificate expiration dates, mine is in 2014.  I thought registrations were issued without expiration?  Is this a recent change?  Do we have to do something to renew?

Charley
N550KC
--
For archives and unsub http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html