From: Dana Westphal <dana.westphal@shorelineenergy.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] FW: [LML] Overhauling Landing Gear Actuators
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:22:45 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

I could be wrong since I didn’t do mine that way, but I think the idea was to keep the inner radius “dry” just for the purpose of installing the assembly into the actuator (get past the snap ring groove, etc).  Thereafter, the O-ring should have some contact with the hydraulic fluid or could be lubed through the hole for the 90 degree fitting before installing the fitting.  By the way, I performed a complete rebuild on one of the main gear actuators due to a leak at the rod end of the cylinder – that requires replacement of about a half dozen seals and surely tests one’s technique and patience ….

Dana