From: Robert R Pastusek <rpastusek@htii.com>
Subject: RE: [LML] LIV alternator
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:06:20 +0000
Todd wrote:

My regulator CB has decided it wants to trip.  Worked fine at start up. Then as I increased RPM the regulator CB popped.  Will not reset.  Aft shut down, as soon as the battery is turned on the CB pops. Any ideas where to start?

Todd,
If it is a B&C Specialty Products regulator (this was pretty much standard equipment in the Lancair kits), two recommendations:

1) Go to the B&C Web site and download their troubleshooting guide: www.BandC.biz   Under Technical Help/Troubleshooting Guides
2) After you've been through it and recorded the info requested, give them a call at (316) 283-8000.

These folks are most helpful and should have you up and running again in no time!

BOB