From: <vtailjeff@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [LML] Missing Dukes outflow valve
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:48:46 -0600
Tom,

The valve is part of the kit but at that time it usually shipped separately as it was always back ordered. Probably slipped through the crack.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:28 PM, "Tom & Beth Sullivan" <toms1@chartermi.net> wrote:

   Well, I am working on systems for my IVPT and went to install my Dukes pressurization valve and couldn't find it.  I inventoried everything when I received the kit by part number, and according to the manual the part number is 50.... something.  Nothing in the box of part numbers beginning with 5.  After a call to Michelle at Lancair, finding out the price on this, I went through ALL my parts boxes and no valve.  I pulled my original packing slips and no valve was listed or checked in.  I bought the pressurized kit, so thought that came with it?  Anyone with a circa 1999 kit shed some light on whether the valve came with the kit?

   Needless to say, 14 years gone past (my problem) and two owners of Lancair since I purchased my kit, I don't expect anything from the current Lancair company.  But, $10K plus was not an expected expenditure for a part I thought came with my original purchase.

   Just for the record, Michelle went above and beyond this week researching records for me.  I had exchanged a bunch of my electrics with Vern not too long after my purchase, changing from 12 volt to 24 volt.  She was able to access Vern's records and verify this was NOT one of the items I exchanged.  She also noted it didn't appear I was ever shipped one on my original order (which seems to agree with my packing slips).

Tom Sullivan