From: Brent Regan <brent@regandesigns.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Chelton Sport Advice
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:56:21 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
John,

Here is a schematic for the keyboard connection. Check the label on the back of the PS/2 keyboard and verify the current consumption is less than 100mA. Some cheap keyboards draw over 300 mA and will brown-out the 5 volt supply on the IDU.

Brent

On 12/15/2012 7:16 AM, John Barrett wrote:
I want to take a moment to thank all who responded to my question about PFD
software crashing.  Brent's advice below was most useful in that I was able
to find the limits.txt file on the second Chelton and once I reinstall the
new Cheltons will be able to plug in the parameters that were set
previously.

Here's another quick question regarding the keyboard capability of the
MFD's.  Given that there are three D-sub connectors on the back of the
Chelton and no other connections, how can you hook up the keyboard even if
it has a PCMCIA slot or is a  p/s keyboard?

John Barrett