From: John Barrett <jbarrett@carbinge.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Shipping the Performance Engine
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:00:16 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
The attached photos are enough to make a grown man (at least this one) cry.

Following the advice of many of you, I've sent my TSIO 550 off to Barrett in
Tulsa for an IRAN.  Looks like there will be a turnaround of almost three
months but as I've been repeatedly told and have tended to be in denial
about, flying behind it even if we found and corrected only the source of
the aluminum in the oil and filter would simply be accompanied by too much
risk.  The engine will be reliable when I get it back and that is worth
whatever it costs.

And of course Allen, Monty and crew will surely give me a family discount,
right? :)  Yeah, I wouldn't think so either, but I can dream.

Thanks to all of you for your insights and support.  Will keep you posted on
progress and what we eventually find out.

Regards,

John Barrett