From: Dan Ballin <dballin@gmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Performance Engine TSIO 550
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:52:47 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I am certainly not an engine expert, but did have a Performance Engine
that I had inspected and rebuilt at 25 hrs.  Of note was the nice
fancy oil pump cover that Performance milled (aluminum) was gouged on
the inside due to misfitting of the oil pump gears that were also
mismatched.  Not sure that helps.  I would highly recommend getting an
IRAN done on the engine.  It is expensive, but in the end there is no
way to be sure your engine was a "good" Performance Engine or a "bad"
one like mine and several others.

Dan Ballin
LEG2  IO-550
N386DM