From: Tom McNerney <dudewanarace@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: L360 Control Surface Update
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:23:05 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
This is mainly for those of you that have purchased flying aircraft.  If you built it, then you know what you did and the condition of everything.  Those of us that buy used (and there are more and more of us) assume everything is great and are in love with our new purchase.

Well, that is not always true.  I have been documenting my maintenance on my 360.  It now has 750 airframe hours, 250 of those are mine.  Many of the small repairs end up being major overhauls of different systems.  One of the latest, and more interesting, is the replacement of the control surface hinges, re-balancing, and re-installing.  I uncovered a few additional issues I thought I would share with the group, some of them rather frightening!

You can read about it here:

Tom McNerney
Unleashed Lancair 360ish

P.S.  Also, for those Air Racing fans out there, I have a cool new shirt for sale this year!