From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: TAS for Red Line
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:02:40 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Lynn,

Way to go!

Nothing like being a test pilot in an experimental.... Oh, that's right, we all are test pilots.........................

Once you are over .4 Mach, Mach is useful......

What is the terminal dive speed?   ....   Wait, don't answer that..............

Grayhawk the Strange

In a message dated 7/13/2012 5:29:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time, farnsworth@charter.net writes:

Steve,

I have expanded the flight envelope, via flight test, of my Super Legacy to more than 340 KIAS and the MMO to .6 Mach.

Lynn Farnsworth

Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:26 PM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] TAS for Red Line

Having coffee with some high time pilots this morning, the subject of Never Exceed Speed came up.  Before I read the original Van’s article years ago, I thought Indicated Airspeed was the indicator…  WRONG, it is True Airspeed.  Does your EFIS display TAS or do you have a table for reference??

http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/hp_limts.pdf

Steve Colwell  Legacy