From: Bill Bradburry <bbradburry@bellsouth.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Fuel vent check valves
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:09:54 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

Thanks, Steve.

That is what I expected should happen.  I sent an email to Andair a couple of days ago but no response so far.  I was asking them for ways to test the check valves in place.  They are not the easiest thing to access to remove.  I plan to try to test them today.  Probably a vacuum cleaner with the fuel caps off??  I want to be careful about pressurizing the tanks.  That is why I hoped to hear from Andair…

Bill B

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:07 AM
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Subject: [LML] Fuel vent check valves

Bill,

Not normal!  You should be able to carry 32 gal. per side without venting.  Is your fuel system per the plans from wing tanks to the engine?  Are the vents modified in any way?  Early on I switched from the stock Plastic fuel caps to the optional Key Locking Aluminum Top Caps and that solved a venting problem (out of the caps) for me.  Are you sure the Andair fuel vent valves in the wing tips are in correctly?

Steve Colwell  Legacy IO-550

I am still getting what I consider a lot of fuel coming out of the fuel vents on my Legacy.  I no longer put more than about 20 gal in each tank but I am still getting leakage from the vents.

Is this normal?  What should I check and how should I go about it?

Bill B