From: Ralph Love <ralphlove@stanfordalumni.org>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: glare shield fan
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:09:54 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
 I had to use the defrost last Sunday taking a lesson with Bob Jeffery in Bend, Oregon with periodic rain showers taking place.  That's really the only time I have needed it. It was needed while taxing.
Ralph

On May 31, 2012, at 5:06 AM, "John Schroeder" <jgschroeder2@windstream.net> wrote:

Larry -

That would be OK if you want to have the cabin heat up high enough to where it would cool the stack and then defrost. The defrost pattern would probably be only a couple of small circles before the flow cooled to where it was colder than the windscreen. You really do need to defrost a wider portion of the windscreen, and only the plenum would do this. If one needs more defrost air, a fan in the duct feeding the heat/defrost valve would be one solution.

Question for all on this list: When has anyone had to use defrost while flying their Lancair?

IMHO there are not many :-))

Cheers,

John

On Wed, 30 May 2012 16:05:22 -0400, <larry.eversmeyer@faa.gov> wrote:

Question
Wouldn't putting these fans in blowing up help with the defrost.  It seems that at OSH I was talking to a 360 guy that did this with great results.  This is what I have been planning on using instead of the defrost plenum that the legacy is design with.  Any thoughts?

Thanks
LarryE

From: "John Schroeder" <jgschroeder2@windstream.net>
To: lml@lancaironline.net
Date: 05/30/2012 12:05 PM
Subject: [LML] Re: glare shield fan

Addendum:

The bezels on our avionics boxes with this fan setup are cool to the
touch. I believe that it is best to blow air down from the glare shield
vents, rather than up. We don't notice any heat increase on our feet.

The fans noted below can also be had in 24 volts. I believe the mfg part #
is 3324

Cheers,

John

On Wed, 30 May 2012 11:59:14 -0400, John Schroeder

http://www.alliedelec.com/  Papst

http://mail.lancaironline.net:81/lists/lml/List.html