From: Terrence O'Neill <troneill@charter.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Experimental Aircraft Accidents
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:20:06 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Jeff, where is it?

Last time I looked, most of the fatals were caused by unintentional stalls.
Engine failures are not the cause.  It's stalling the wing -- because that morphs a pilot into a helpless passenger... for too long in some Lancairs.  Not good if too low.

The type AOAs most pilots favor do not, IMHO, give a pilot instantaneous eye-to-hand info of his wing's stall angle to the relative wind... when there exists an AOA indicator. They read out 'somewhere on the panel', and often just as little lights, which the mind must comprehend and convert.
In my opinion what's needed is to look at your wing and there also SEE the relative wind -- the vane -- and a mark indicating the stall angle.
How about some forum comments on this?

Terrence